RootsMagic Software– united states [Families]
This article is all about RootsMagic Software, In this blog, we will guide you through all that you would like to know about RootsMagic. You’ve just got to read along carefully and you will surely have all your queries answered in no time.
All you should know about RootsMagic Software
There could be no better software than RootsMagic: It is a genealogy software program and which is designed to assist family historians in organizing, printing, tracking, sharing family history, etc. It has been specifically designed to create computer software with some special purpose to help unite families. The ‘Family Origins’ software was an earlier product that gained a lot of popularity to thousands of people.
- The software runs under Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000
- You can handle Single-file database format
- Support for international character sets through Unicode Integration
- The Integrated backup and restore help safeguard data
- You can backup and restore your media files
- You can also backup directly – CD, Dropbox, Google Drive
- It also has four navigation views
- The Drag and Drop feature allows copying individuals, families, as well as entire extended families from one database to another.
Latest Version Of RootsMagic Software
The award-winning genealogy software is RootsMagic7 which is the latest version of RootsMagic Software. This version allows the users to research, organize, and share family history easily.
The Retail Versions release year date
- Version 1.0 of RootsMagic was released on February 4, 2003.
- 2.0 version of RootsMagic software was released on May 24, 2004.
- Version 3.0 of RootsMagic was released on September 8, 2005.
- 4.0th version of RootsMagic was released on March 25, 2009.
- Version 5.0 of RootsMagic was released on November 28th, 2011.
- 6.0th version of RootsMagic was released on November 19, 2012.
- Version 7.0 of RootsMagic was released on November 20th, 2014.
Let’s Talk About Paid Version [ RootsMagic 7 Software ]
The perfect place to begin with your Family Tree journey and the software that offers all the basics that one needs is RootsMagic 7 only. And right here you will be introduced to all the details that you would like to know about you’ve just got to read along till the end.
RootsMagic 7 Best Genealogy Software
One could not compare any other genealogy software to RootsMagic 7. And this is proven to be true as RootsMagic is the only award-winning software. This helps to make researching, organizing, as well sharing your family history even easier now. It does not matter whether a beginner or an experienced professional, you can be assured that RootsMagic is surely the perfect tool for you.
RootsMagic 7 Manual
For each cover of a single RootsMagic top, there are free how-to handouts that provide a step-by-step guide for users as well as tips and illustrations. They can be freely copied and distributed (but not sold) and should be used as handouts in the user group meetings or when teaching RootsMagic.
RootsMagic 7 upgrade
- The software is comprehensive but very easy to manage.
- It helps to create excellent wallcharts and integrates along with research sites
- This is one of the most rated programs which are numerous reviews and articles. And it also emphasizes RootsMagic’s easy way of using and its powerful features
- The latest version of this award-winning full-featured genealogy program is RootsMagic 7 and is published by S&N.
RootsMagic 7 Download Procedure
- The downloading process is easy and quick to access
- You just got to give a click on the ‘RootsMagic 6.0 Installer’ link.
- And then you should save the downloaded file to a folder on your hard drive.
- After doing so, you must run the downloaded
As was announced earlier, the time has finally come when RootsMagic and Ancestry can work together. This is a free update to RootsMagic 7 and it adds two most amazing new features: ‘TreeShare’ for Ancestry and also the addition of Ancestry Hints to RootsMagic’s WebHints features.
RootsMagic TreeShare for Ancestry
- Allows its users to move data between RootsMagic files on their computers as well as their personal Ancestry online trees.
- The user can also transfer people, events, notes, sources citations, and even pictures between the two systems.
- They also get the ability to easily share and collaborate with others by giving family members access to their Ancestry online trees.
- And by using the new TreeShare feature, then family members can synchronize the latest changes and additions to both the online tree and the desktop computers.
The Ancestry Hints Integration
The Ancestry Hints leverages the capability, and as possible the matches are Therefore allowing the users to conveniently review them from within the software itself. They can also add new information and media from the matching records into their files.
RootsMagic 7 Review
The software is an easy-to-use, it allows the users to build an extensive family tree with as many relatives as they like.
And the Hints to match from the genealogy websites – MyHeritage and Ancestry – The users are provided with extra information on family members and assists with further research on their ancestors. But to be able to access historical records one needs to pay a subscription.
The free basic version of the software and RootsMagic Essentials is available; it is compatible with Windows and Mac OS. Additionally, the Premium version offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, therefore the users can try out all the features the RootsMagic provides, and it totally risk-free.
RootsMagic 7 Reviews – What do Customers have to say?
I enjoy using RootsMagic 7 as it is relatively inexpensive, but it also offers only the basics. And the best thing is that if we need any additional resources to fill in the gaps of our family tree, then we can easily sign up for a third-party service, for which one has to necessitate a monthly fee.
There is no doubt that RootsMagic 7 has surely proven to be one of the best genealogy software. And as I personally use for it has extremely useful and interesting such as; helping track the living, Timelines that help to make writing a breeze, Simplifies digital file organization, has the potential to become a hinting portal and it is also a very powerful tree analysis tools.
The RootsMagic 7 software functions just as advertised. All my old Family Tree Maker files transferred smoothly without any hassle. However, you should be mindful that if your ancestors are not “sealed,” the app will issue an alert. This has much to do with LDS beliefs of ancestors being baptized after they have died.
Award-Winning genealogy software ‘RootsMagic 7’ for Mac – No Windows required!
This was one of the most common questions that were asked by many customers, “When will RootsMagic run on a Mac?” and the time is right now, RootsMagic 7 for Mac is available. It allows the users to easily install and run RootsMagic on Mac within no time, and almost no additional setup or configuration.
This software for Mac is far different from any other solutions that you might be familiar with. This is for start: the software does not install Windows on your Mac. And it also does not create a slow and bulky virtual computer as it runs directly on your Mac, by using your Mac file system. If you like, you can also save the RootsMagic icon to your device dock for quick access.
And currently, you should know that RootsMagic 7 for Mac is available only as a download.
And then, let’s talk about the free version of RootsMagic Software
RootsMagic Free Versions
- Essentials of RootsMagic – 2019-11-18
- 5th version of RootsMagic Essentials was released on November 28th, 2011.
- Version 6 of RootsMagic Essentials was discovered in 2012-11-19
- The 7th version of RootsMagic Essentials was published on 2014-11-25.
RootsMagic Essentials Free Genealogy Software
RootsMagic Essentials is one of the best genealogy software. It is a free genealogy program that has basic features from RootsMagic family tree software. You can download RootsMagic Free Software to trace your family with ease.
RootsMagic Essentials Download Free
To download RootsMagic Essentials you do not have to pay for the license. It is a cost-free software that can be downloaded not only on Windows but also on macOS. You can download it by clicking on the link here.
RootsMagic Ease to Use
RootsMagic Essentials’ interface allows even the most naive computer user to use it without any problem. Whether it is a pedigree or a family view, RootsMagic Essentials allows you to view and edit every piece of information about your ancestor or descendant on the tree.
Unlimited Data Feed
You can enter an unlimited amount of information about individuals on the tree. It could be facts, notes, sources, and multimedia items.
With RootsMagic Essentials, you can track multiple relationships such as adoptions, foster parents, and more.
You can easily find and edit anyone on your family tree. In the RootsMagic Explorer, you can type a person’s name to quickly find the person with an easy-to-use criteria search screen.
With RootsMagic Essentials’ multimedia assistance you can add photographs, audios, and videos to make your tree lively. Also, the media can be added to the reports and charts.
When it comes to reports, you can easily publish and share your family tree and create and print abundant reports, charts, and lists with ease.
Source Wizard manages the sources and citations on RootsMagic Essentials. Built-in templates based on Evidence Explained make citing your sources as easy as “filling in the blanks”.
With RootsMagic Essentials, you have powerful tools that clean up your data on the tree. Problem lists, complex merge techniques, date, and Soundex calculators are the core features of the RootsMagic Essentials.
RootsMagic Essentials’ Compatibility
This software is compatible to import tree files directly from software like Family Tree Maker, PAF, Legacy, The Master Genealogist, and Family Origins. On top of it, RootsMagic Essentials supports GEDCOM files for both import and export.
RootsMagic 7 Essentials for free
This is a free genealogy design software and it offers many core features that are found in RootsMagic 7. The interface is intuitive as well as the software automatically searches the entire information input for any potential mistakes. You would be glad to know that downloading the RootsMagic Essentials is completely free. And this is the easiest way to start tracing your family history.
RootsMagic Essentials Review
RootsMagic Essential is an excellent choice to start your genealogical research. You can try the RootsMagic Essentials for free. The interface is intuitive, and it automatically searches all the information for any mistakes and discrepancies.
If you do not have knowledge about your family history, you just must fill few pieces of information and your research requires additional resources, the hints from potential matches will be provided. These hints are available once you subscribe to My Heritage and Ancestry to view billions of records.
Adding family members to the tree has no limitations. You can import a GEDCOM file on RootsMagic Essentials to produce shareable reports and charts from your family file.
The RootsMagic app helps you to manage your tree on the move. So, now you do not have to be home to do your family research. It can be on any handheld device. Be it on an Android device or iOS. This app would only help you to view your tree.
TreeShare for Ancestry is one of the best features of RootsMagic. With TreeShare you can move your data back and forth to Ancestry and RootsMagic. You can easily collaborate by allowing your family members to access the online tree on Ancestry.com.
Overall, RootsMagic Essentials is an excellent choice if you are creating a family tree for the first time. However, there is always room for improvement in the chart’s quality, customer service, and the hurdle while adding DNA information.
RootsMagic free vs paid
The RootsMagic Free allows the users to carry their genealogy on their Android or iOS devices in the easiest and fastest way for free. Whereas RootsMagic is a paid service, you must pay to gain access to it. There is a subscription fee that must be paid before you can use it.
Why do we use RootsMagic Software over other software?
It is necessary that when choosing software’s one should always make the best choice. And therefore you are introduced to RootsMagic. This is so because RootsMagic continues with the traditions of its award-winning genealogy software. This software allows the users to research, organize, as well as share their family history in an easy and fun way.
The right procedure to Make A Tree In RootsMagic Software
- You must first select the TreeShare for Ancestry in RootsMagic from the Internet menu.
- And now if you would like to upload your RootsMagic tree, then you need to select ‘Upload and Connect’ to upload a RootsMagic file and attached media on the computer to a new tree Ancestry.com.
- Then if you opt to copy an existing Ancestry.com tree into a new RootsMagic file, and then you must select the ‘Download and connect’ option.
- After that, the bold icons beside the names in TreeShare indicate discrepancies between your RootsMagic file and Ancestry.com tree.
- Now when a new person appears in either your RootsMagic file or Ancestry tree, then you should choose one of the three options provided: link that particular person to someone in the other file, or you could delete the person from the original file.
RootsMagic Cost Budget
You can easily afford RootsMagic Software: only $29.95. However, if you upgrade from PAF then it will cost you $19.95. And you will get ‘RootsMagic for PAF Users’ for free.
RootsMagic For Mac
Great genealogy software with a large toolbox and six key views, as well as a sidebar for easier navigation. You can switch between the views by giving a click on the tab. all the views are navigatable you can use either the mouse or arrow keys. And if you double click on a person’s name it will bring up the data entry screen of that person.
The following are found in RootsMagic 7 for Mac
- The Edit Screen
- RootsMagic Explorer
- Let RootsMagic Find your family online
- Documenting your family history
- Print reporters
- Publish family history
- Create spectacular wall charts
- Publish online
- Make shareable CDs
- Map your family
- Merge duplicate records
- RootsMagic To-Go
Know more about RootsMagic To Go
This is a program that will let you install the RootsMagic on a flash drive, and it also helps to move your RootsMagic data back and forth between the main computer and the flash drive. And all you have to do to run RootsMagic To-Go is double-click the icon on your screen.
RootsMagic Download For Mac is easier than before
- Download by finding the RootsMagic Installer on the website.
- Firstly, you should open the web browser of your choice and then go to http://rootsmagic.com/download/.
- And then you need to find the RootsMagic 7 download link.
- After that, you got to click on the ‘Download’ button.
- You will now have the ‘Download RootsMagic 7’ window open.
- At last, you just need to click on the link to start the download.
- Download using Google Chrome.
- Now after you have clicked on the ‘RootsMagic for Mac Installer’ link, then you will see the download progress indicator, which will be seen in the lower-left corner of your computer screen.
- After the download is complete, double-click the ‘RootsMagic 7-Mac.dmg’ file to open it.
- Download using Safari.
- When you click on the ‘RootsMagic for Mac Installer’ link, then you will see the download process indicator appearing in the upper right corner of your screen.
- When the download is complete, the icon will shift to a grey circle with a downward-pointing white arrow.
- After that, you got to click on the icon to download the folder.
- Now you just need to double click the ‘RootsMagic-Mac.dmg’ file from the download folder.
RootsMagic Reviews By Customer
I am using RootsMagic 7 for my genealogy files. However, there are some problems with the design of a few printed reports. I have also had problems maneuvering around trying to associate members of the same families,
You have to change screens to find the one that allows you to add your children or spouse while you are working with one family head. I feel if it works for one, the husband, or the wife, it should work for the other. But this does not always happen.
And in some cases when I tried to add children to a family when I was on the record of the wife, I could go to the father record and not find those same children. It took me a few days working with the RM-7 before I found a way to connect both records without showing two sets of the same children.
However, I do have to say that I like it though. It is better than other genealogy software currently available in the market but not as good as the old “Family Tree Maker“
The Second Review of RootsMagic Software
I hadn’t done any genealogy for about three years before I discovered that the program I was using didn’t help personal ancestral files. That did not bother me. That did not bother me. However, I was trying to display something to one of my daughters and it wasn’t working correctly. So with some research, I chose RootsMagic 7.
It was quite easy to directly import my old PAF database. What a difference in capability! With RootsMagic, I found some glaring errors with the ‘Problems’ tool and was easily able to fix them. I’ve had the app for almost three months and love it.; it has re-awakened my interest in genealogy.
Conclusion: RootsMagic Software is one of the best genealogy software 2021 and also recommended by genealogist professionals, In this whole article, we will guide you through all that you would like to know about RootsMagic.
Phone (International): +1-888-652-9580.
You may use the RootsMagic app on Chromebook, but it only gives you the basic view of the tree and does not allow you to make any changes as you do on the regular computer.
There is more than one genealogy software, and every software comes with pros and cons. But RootsMagic is the best-designed genealogy software that comes with solid management tools. The best traits of RootsMagic Software are its research hints and its compatibility with Familysearch.org.