Having a hard time to exit from Roots Magic? Are you seeing an error message saying ‘There was a problem saving the application preferences when you try to exit? Well then you just need to take it easy as we have top-notch solutions for you right here in this blog, you will be guided with a few steps on how to fix the issue up and get your Roots Magic to start again smoothly. This will take only a few minutes so hold on to your patience and follow as guided.
Solutions to resolve the issue:
- You first begin with making sure that your RootsMagic software is not left running in the background.
- After that, you’ve got to go to your desktop and give a click on my computer.
- You now will need to double click on the C: drive of your device.
- You have an account name on your Windows just double click on it.
- On the displayed screen you will see a folder named ‘ProgramData’ give a double click on it.
- If in case you do not see the ProgramData folder then you would require following through the next steps below.
- Here you need to click on the option ‘Organize’ and then go to select ‘folder and search Options’ right after that click on the ‘view tab’.
- On the list displayed you will find the ‘Hidden files and folders’ here you need to change it to the option ‘Show hidden files and folders then give a click on the OK button.
- Now give a double click on the ProgramData folder and do the same with the RootsMagic folder.
- Double click on your RootsMagic version that is ‘Version X’ and then go to delete the RootsMagic App.xml file.
- After you have done that you need to Start your RootsMagic and then reenter your registration key. There you’re done!
We hope that the above-mentioned steps were helpful and the issue for Problem Saving Application Preferences has been resolved. For more information check out our RootsMagic Blog but if not so then feel free to get in touch with the customer support team right away.