While using RootsMagic few users have encountered the error messages. There are few error messages with it fix.
Table of Contents
Receiving Access Violation Error Messages
There could be causes for this error. There are fixes, and you can try them to resolve this issue on RootsMagic Software.
- Restart your computer.
- Open RootsMagic and then go to File>Database Tools.
- Run all the options in successive order.
- If issues persist run the Tools again.
- Check if that resolved the error.
- Run Anti-Virus and do a full scan.
- If you do not have anyone-Virus, you can download Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Defender for Windows10 which is a free download.
- Shut down the computer and turn it back on.
- Re-open RootsMagic and check if the issues have been resolved.
- It is advisable to run the Anti-Virus when the computer’s internet connection is disconnected.
WebSearch Error Messages when using FamilySearch.org
While using RootsMagic’s WebSearch with the FamilySearch website, you may get the error messages.
“Attention: The current version of your web browser does not support this site. We recommend that you upgrade to a newer version of your browser or use a different browser to enjoy the best experience possible when visiting our website.”
The FamilySearch website is giving you this message on RootsMagic because it is not fully compatible with your internet browser. RootsMagic has Internet Explorer components embedded into the program to access WebSearch. Your computer default browser does not function incoherently with the RootsMagic browser.
You can use FamilySearch inside WebSearch but may scroll to see results.
It is recommended to “Use external browser”. You can open the FamilySearch in your default browser to have a better view.
When I Exit RootsMagic I get a Message that ‘There was a problem saving the application preferences.’
When RootsMagic’s application data file has been made read-only somehow, you get an error messages saying, ‘When quitting RootsMagic, or if RootsMagic keeps asking you to input your registration key every time you open it, you’ll see ‘There was a difficulty storing the application preferences’. To fix these errors on RootsMagic, you can try the following steps.
- Close RootsMagic application on the computer.
- Go to “Computer” or “My Computer” on your desktop.
- Once you open it, you will find the C: drive, click on it.
- Double click on your Account Name.
- Check for the “ProgramData” folder, and then double click on that.
- If you do not find the”ProgramData” folder, you must unhide the folder.
- Up at the top, click on the “Organize” button and select “Folder and Search Options.”
- Click on the “View” tab
- You will find the “Hidden files and folders”, check the box to select “Show hidden files and folders.”
- Then click on the ok button.
- Double click on the “ProgramData” folder.
- Under the “ProgramData” you will find the RootsMagic folder.
- Double click on RootsMagicfolder.
- Now, double click on the “Version X” folder (where X is the version of RootsMagic you are using).
- Now delete the RootsMagicApp.xml file.
- Then, start RootsMagic again.
- You must have the RootsMagic registration key handy to enter it.
How to find my RootsMagic Registration Key?
If you have lost your RootsMagic registration key, you can request it online by clicking here.
You can submit a ticket/request to RootsMagic if you have purchased it directly from them or have registered the software with them. They may ask you to provide your name, address, and email to check for the original order or registration.