Last updated on April 7th, 2023 at 11:31 am
In this article, you will find the complete details about how to sign in and Sign out from FamilySearch. So, if you are also looking for the FamilySearch Login process then go ahead and follow the steps properly in detail. If you think that you need tech support who will resolve your issue without wasting your time, then you can contact RootsMagic support at +1-888-652-9580. Also, don’t be confused between the FamilySearch sign-in and FamilySearch login terms because both are the same.
Table of Contents
What is FamilySearch?
FamilySearch is one of the reputed free family trees and genealogy archives. It helps many people to discover the history of their family. The best thing about using it is that it is easy to use. FamilySearch collects your billions of records, and you can piece together your ancestors’ history and bring their stories to life.
FamilySearch Login Process Step By Step
FamilySearch login is an easy process, If you don’t know your password then you can log in through your Facebook account which you can see on the FamilySearch sign-in or login page you just have to follow these steps carefully to know the proper guidance.
FamilySearch Login on The Website
- First, you need to move to the FamilySearch website.
- After that, go to the upper right corner and then go to the sign-in option.
- After doing so, you need to write down the username as well as the password in the given field.
- Or, if you want to stay signed into the account for 2 weeks then you need to give a click on keep me signed in for 2 weeks option.
- Finally, you need to go ahead to the sign-in option there and you will be successfully signed in.
FamilySearch Login on Mobile App: Available Now
- You have to, first of all, open the Family Tree mobile app instantly.
- After that, you have to write down the password and username in the given field.
- Finally, go ahead with the sign-in option there.
On Family Tree Lite
- First of all, you have to go to the Family Tree Lite.
- After doing so, you need to write down the username as well as password in the given field same as above.
- Choose the sign-in option there instantly.
- So, by following the above steps, you can easily do FamilySearch Login in a simple way.
How Do I Sign Out From FamilySearch?
For signing out from FamilySearch, you need to follow these steps as follows given below:
Sign out From The Website
- You need to click on your name in the upper right of the FamilySearch Screen in your Account.
- After that, choose the sign-out option there.
Sign Out From Mobile App
- For Android: You need to move ahead to the left of the respective screen and then choose the 3 lines.
- For Apple iOS: At the bottom of the screen tap more.
- For both, go to the bottom of the lists of the respective option. Then choose the sign-out option from there instantly.
Sign Out From Family Tree Lite
- You have to simply click on the sign-out icon.
- You need to simply sign out the icon there mentioned in the upper-right corner there.
- You can easily sign out from FamilySearch by following the above steps.
How can I deactivate the automatic FamilySearch Login?
The logout link is located in the first row under “Task to Do” in FamilySearch Central. As soon as you log out, you will be able to log back in as a different person.
You can make changes to your settings for your login to be remembered/ or not remembered on the FamilySearch Login screen that will appear by adding or removing the checkmarks below.
Remember my sign-in and password
Automatically log in (bypass this screen)
For the new settings to be remembered later, you must log in at least once with them.
In this whole blog, we have mentioned how to sign in and sign out from FamilySearch. Thus, after following the above steps, you can instantly sign in or out from FamilySearch. In case you have still any issues regarding your genealogy account, you can feel free to reach the professional on the support number for quick assistance. The professionals are available 24/7 hours, so reach them now for getting instant help.
Why can’t I log into FamilySearch?
First of all, clear your cookies at https://familysearch.org/cookies. If you still have the same issue you have to recover your username and password if you have forgotten or you can contact us at +1-888-652-9580.
How do I download FamilySearch records?
Click View Original Document from the Record Details page. Click Download in the upper-right corner of the viewing window. Depending on your browser, the image is downloaded automatically or you must save it. If you have any questions, consult your browser’s online help at +1-888-652-9580.
Is the FamilySearch app free?
Yes, the FamilySearch app is totally free.