RootsMagic Essentials vs RootsMagic 7
RootsMagic is genealogy software that helps family historians track, organize, print, and share family history. It comes in two versions. RootsMagic Essentials and RootsMagic 7. The full version of RootsMagic 7 has advanced features and it is paid. However, the RootsMagic Essential has basic features and is free to use. And let us talk about RootsMagic Essentials vs RootsMagic 7.
Also, Read this: RootsMagic 7 Software
Here is the comparison between RootsMagic Essentials vs RootsMagic 7
The procedure of installing RootsMagic Essentials 7 on Windows Computer.
- Backup your files in the current version before getting started.
- Find the RootsMagic installer on RootsMagic.com.
- Open the web browser of your choice and go to http://rootsmagic.com/download/.
- Click “Download” under “RootsMagic Essentials”.
- The “Download RootsMagic” window has a download option for both Windows and Mac users. These steps are for Windows users, so click on the “RootsMagic Essentials. X.X.X Installer.”
- After clicking the link to download the installer, you will see an information box displaying the download progress.
- When the download is complete, the progress indicator will be replaced by the RM7 Setup.exelink.
- Single-click the link to start the installation process.
- You may see a security warning like this. Since you are downloading the .exe file from the RootsMagic website you can safely ignore the warning. Click “Run.
- The User Account Control screen may open asking, “Do you want to allow the following program to amend this computer?” It is safe since the publisher is RootsMagic, Inc.
- To install the program, click “Yes”.
- When the RootsMagic program is installed, the “Completing the RootsMagic Setup Wizard” screen will reopen. To complete the procedure and close the Wizard, click “Finish”.
Installing RootsMagic on Mac
To download RootsMagic 7 for Mac, click the link, save the file to a folder on your hard drive, then open the downloaded file.