How to create a GEDCOM in RootsMagic
You can easily create a GEDCOM file in RootsMagic software. Creating the GEDCOM file never erases or replaces your source file. It is a new file that you create separately from your current tree file.
The following are the steps to create a GEDCOM file in RootsMagic
- Open your RootsMagic Software on the computer.
- From the tool’s menu, click on “File” then click on “Export GEDCOM”.
- You can choose to Export Selected People. You will get the list of people in the database. Then click on the “Select people” tab and then click on “Everyone in the database”
- You can click on the “Clear people” tab and choose whatever option you want to clear the people you do not want to include in your databases like ancestors or descendants.
- Then click on OK
- You can also choose to include/exclude information like notes or sources.
Finally, click on Export and create a GEDCOM file.