Finally, the patience is over RootsMagic 9 is officially released by RootsMagic on 27th February 2023. Do you know that today RootsMagic has become one of the UK’s most favorite genealogy packages? This is only because the software is comprehensive yet easy to use, creates over 100 reports and charts, and integrates with research sites. The cost of Roots Magic 9 is $39.95 but if you are an existing user of RootsMagic, then you can upgrade your RM 9 for only $29.95.
It is also one of the top-most-rated programs in numerous reviews and articles with an emphasis on RootsMagic’s easy-to-use and powerful features. Below in this article, you will find all that you need to know.
Table of Contents
Impressive New Features of RootsMagic 9
The latest Roots Magic 9 includes unique and exciting features that will help you discover more about your family history.
- With the new and innovative ‘Associations’ feature you can easily track more than family relationships. This is so, as the powerful tool lets your record friends, associates, and neighbors. Enslavements, etc. It also gives you a complete picture of your ancestors as well as their connections.
- It has enhanced color coding with multiple color code sets and color labeling that makes it easier to identify different branches of your family tree and also to see relationships at a glance.
- You can also quickly access frequently used searches and save time on searching as the software has the ability to save and reuse search criteria and task filters.
- The software includes powerful new database tools that can help you to identify and correct errors in the family tree data easily. Doing so, can lead to a more accurate family tree and informed research.
- The ‘Note Editor’ in RootsMagic9 has also been completely rewritten so that it is more responsive and even includes ‘Spell-Check’.
- If you are using Windows then RM 9 is available in 32-bit and 64-bit formats.
- This new version of RootsMagic has dozens of new features that are designed to get work done faster, easier, and more enjoyable.
Guideline Covered From The Official Website: We provide RootsMagic in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions for the convenience of our users. When importing Legacy Family Tree or older Family Tree Maker files, the 64-bit version cannot access some old operating system libraries. Both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are compatible with the 32-bit version of RootsMagic. We advise you to download and use the 32-bit version of RootsMagic unless you are certain you must use the 64-bit version.
System requirement for RootsMagic 9
- Windows 7 SP1, 8, 10, or 11
- MacOS Sierra (0.12), High Sierra (10.13), Mojave (10.14), Catalina (10.15) Big Sur (11) Monterey (12), or Ventura (13)
How To Setup Roots Magic 9?
Before downloading RM 9 in your system you need to follow the below steps if you are a new user or you haven’t downloaded RootsMagic 7 on your computer.
First, find the RootsMagic Installer on RootsMagic.com.
- You need to start by opening the web browser of your choice and then go to http://rootsmagic.com/download/.
- Secondly, you got to click on the ‘Download’ button under ‘RootsMagic 7’/ ‘RootsMagic 8’.
- Now the ‘Download RootsMagic’ window has a download option for both Windows and Mac users. And this guide is for Windows users, so you should ‘click’ on ‘RootsMagic 7. X.X.X. Installer’/’RootsMagic 8′.
NOTE: Keep in mind that the ‘Place Database Installer’ only needs to be downloaded and installed in case it was not installed earlier.
Steps To Download RM 9 With Google Chrome
- Now when you have clicked on the above link to download the installer, you will see an information box regarding the bits version choose anyone from the list and then you will display the download progress.
- After the download is completed then the progress indicator will be replaced by the RM7Setup.exe link or RM8Setup.
- And then you should single-click on the link to start the installation process.
- Next, you might see a security warning; as you are downloading the .exe file from the RootsMagic website you can safely ignore the warning and just click on the ‘Run’ button.
Steps To Download RM 9 Software Using Mozilla Firefox
- Firstly, you need to click the above link and select RM 9 then download the installer.
- And then you must click on the ‘Save File’ tab.
- After doing so, in the top right corner of the screen, you should see a very tiny progress indicator that shows there is one minute left for the download.
- You will also see that the progress indicator will be replaced by a tiny blue arrow.
- Next, you got to click on the arrow to bring up the link to the RootsMagic installer (RM7Setup.exe/RM8Setup.exe).
- Finally, you just need to single-click in the installer box to start the installation process.
What’s New in Version 9?
RootsMagic version 9 has many uniquely designed and enhanced features that enable users to get their tasks done more smoothly and faster than before. This is the topmost latest edition of the award-winning full-featured genealogy program authored by Bruce Buzbee, who is the author of ‘Family Origins’.
The following is the list of the new features in Version 9;
- Associations – this lets you track the non-relative relationships such as friends, neighbors, enslavement, classmates, etc.
- Enhanced Color Coding – there are up to 10 color coding sets where you can name each color code set as well as label them.
- New Tools Page – this includes the existing tools and also a bunch of new tools all in one place for easy use.
- New personal media album – here you can view all the media that is attached to one person by using the new ‘Media Album’ link on the left side of the ‘Edit’ screen.
- Saved Searches – You can save and reuse the criteria for advanced searches in your database.
- Saved task filters – you can also save and reuse the filters for tasks.
- Enhanced properties list – Create a list showing properties in your database you will see that this will show more than just the number of people, families, etc, including any broken media links, unused places, tasks, etc.
- New note editor – This is a much faster, better-performing note editor with spell check.
- Add/Edit/Delete ability on ‘Used’ lists – when you work with sources, addresses, media, citations, etc; if you click on the ‘Used’ button to see where the item is used; you can now also edit, or delete records directly from that ‘Used’ list.
- HTML website creation – here you can easily create a beautiful website in HTML to display on your own website.
Why wait? Get the special 50% discount today.
TIP: Do not delay; join the thousands of family historians who trust RootsMagic as the place to plant their family tree and also to get Roots Magic 9 today.
RootsMagic 9 Essentials
You should know that Roots Magic 9 is available in an update as well, a free edition named ‘RootsMagic 9 Essentials’. It is available for Windows & macOS and contains many core features provided by the RootsMagic software. And the two products are completely compatible with each other. This is just the perfect way for someone to get started risk-free. If you would like to download it you can find it available at https://rootsmagic.com/try.
Discount Offer & RootsMagic 9 Cost
It is usually available for only $39.95 and the existing RootsMagic and Family Origins users may upgrade for only $29.95.
However, keep in mind that only for a limited time period RootsMagic is offering Roots Magic 9 at the special price of $20. Only till Monday, March 6th, 2023 at 11:59 PM Mountain time, any interested customer may purchase RootsMagic at this special $20 price. And this offer will not be extended, additionally, after March 6th, RootsMagic will return back to its regular price with the same standard discount for upgrades.
How To Purchase RM 9
- For purchasing RM 9 you have to click on the link or you can call RootsMagic Support Number at +1-888-652-9580.
- Select the version of RM 9 you want to purchase.
- Then you will be asked to “enter a group code” which will be optional. If you have code then you can put on the same otherwise, you can skip this step.
- Secondly “choose a license”
- New License
If you are a new user of RM software then choose a “New License” or if you are an existing user of RM or you want to upgrade it from any version, then you have to choose the upgrade option.
- After that, you need to “Choose a Delivery method”. In this section, you will get 2 delivery options to choose between them at your convenience.
- USB Drive and Download (+$10 and shipping)
- Download Only (No shipping charges)
- Then choose any add-on from the below
- Personal Historian (+$19.95, save $10)
- Family Atlas (+$19.95, save $10)
- And the last is the Gift option (This is a gift for someone else. (You will receive a printable gift card via email)
Buy Getting the Most Out of Roots Magic 9
Even though RootsMagic is the most user-friendly genealogy program on the market, many users will only scratch the surface of this program’s capabilities. The book Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic is for you if you fall into this category. You begin by learning the fundamentals of data entry before moving on to more complex skills like creating user-defined facts, custom reports, citing sources, research tasks, and more. You will soon have a firm understanding of RootsMagic and its untapped powers when you combine that with time-saving shortcuts.
So here you can download and install your RM 9 on your system. Hope you like this blog, if you still have any issues regarding your software you can call RootsMagic support Number at +1-888-652-9580. You can also use our chat support.
Q1. How do I get the 64 bits version of RootsMagic 9?
It is very simple and easy you just need to download the page to select the 32-bit or 64-bit.
Q2. Can I use RootsMagic 9 if I have RootsMagic 7?
You would need to make the jump from RootsMagic 7 to RootsMagic 9 you only need to be sure that you select the import option.
Q3. How do I upgrade RootsMagic 9 free from RootsMagic 8?
You should know that RootsMagic 9 is available in an update feature also, the free edition named ‘RootsMagic 9 Essentials’ it is available for both Windows and macOS and is compatible with one another.
Q4. What is the cost of RootsMagic 9?
The normal price is available at $39.95, however, existing users can upgrade for only $29.95.
Q5. Can I use RootsMagic 9 for Windows?
Yes, absolutely it is available in Windows & SP1, 8, 10, or 11.
Q6. Can I use RootsMagic 9 for Mac?
Yes, you can.
Q7. What is the latest version of RootsMagic software?
RootsMagic 9 is the latest edition of the award-winning genealogy software authored by Bruce Buzbee.
Does RootsMagic 9 work on a Mac?
Yes, RootsMagic 9 is available for both Windows and macOS users.