Various Operating systems have distinct issues that cause RootsMagic freezes on macOS. It may freeze while importing the tree from the FamilySearch or when you are working on a big file size. There could be more reasons for it to freeze.
Basic computer maintenance, if not done regularly, can present issues that cause a sluggish response which is perceived as ‘freezing. Still, there are tips that if you follow may help fix this issue.
Tool and Tips To Fix The RootsMagic Freezes on MacOS
Here is the list of tips that helps to unfreeze RootsMagic on a Mac computer:-
- Do not shut down the Mac when the RootsMagic software freezes.
- It is safe to close RootsMagic from the “Force Quit App” which you can find when you click on the Apple icon on the top left.
- It safely closes your RootsMagic program down.
- You can reopen RootsMagic again.
- You must click on the small red dot found on the upper left side of the RootsMagic screen.
- When you use the red dot, it will close your file down with the program.
- When you open RootsMagic again your file will automatically open with the program.
Use The Mac First Aid Tool To Fix The Freezing Issue
- First Click on your Finder Icon in the Dock.
- Select “Application”.
- Scroll down and look for the blue “Utilities Folder” and click on it to open it up.
- Click on Disk Utility.
- First Aid icon.
- Click on the blue “Run” button.
- Once you run the First Aid tool, close out the screen that you are in.
- Uninstall RootsMagic and Reinstall it again.
- Open RootsMagic again.
- You can also call our technician to fix the same at +1-888-652-9580
If none of the above steps fix the issue, there are other troubleshooting steps that you can perform. To get more help on this, contact RootsMagic support technicians at the toll-Free Number +1-888-652-9580.