In Addition, We Will Discuss about How To Import FTM To RootsMagic Software. Need any Help call us our RootsMagic Support Number. If you want To Transfer your FTM to Rootsmagic Software or you Need any Help you can call us our RootsMagic Support Number +1-888-652-9580.
- RootsMagic allows direct import from all versions of Family Tree Maker earlier than FTM 2014 version.
- Family Tree Maker 2014.1 and later versions are from Software Mackiev.
- RootsMagic is no longer able to direct import Family Tree Maker 2014.1 (22.214.171.1241) or later versions due to the change in the file format.
A direct import is always best and there is still a way for FTM 2014.1 users to achieve best results
- Inside FTM 2014.1 go to File > Export.
- Under “Output format” select “Family Tree Maker 2012”.
- Select added options you wish to include with this export.
- Click OK and Save the file.
- The Family Tree Maker 2012 database that you have now, can directly imported into RootsMagic, using
- File > Import > Family Tree Maker.
When FTM 2017 was out, MacKiev removed the earlier export versions in FTM 2017. You must use another process to direct import in RootsMagic 7
- Inside FTM 2017 go to File > Export.
- Under GEDCOM select “Other”.
- It has FTM 16, 2008 – 2012 as options.
- Select 2012 and then you can import it into FTM 2012 or 2014.
- Once it is in the 2012 or 2014 file format you can direct import it into RootsMagic.
Later updates to FTM 2017 and FTM 2019 removed the “Other” export options.
The options now are to either export to FTM 2014.1 and open in that version to export backwards to FTM 2012 or 2014 or use a GEDCOM.
Additional Step for Family Tree Maker backup (.ftmb) files over 4 GB in size
RootsMagic is unable to import backups larger than 4 GB, currently.
The Family Tree Maker 2012 export is a backup (.ftmb) file that will have the database file and your media files, making files too large to import.
An added step is in these exceptional circumstances. It requires the .ftmb file to unzip first to access the database file inside it.
Once the database file you extract, it will direct import without any issue.
Steps to extract:
- Right click on the .ftmb file and select “Rename”.
- Change the file name extension from. ftmb to .zip and hit Enter. Confirm Yes, you want to change the file name extension.
- Next, right click on the .zip file and select “Extract All” to unzip the file. Confirm your folder location and click “Extract”.
- A new folder will create with that file name. Inside you will find your Family Tree Maker 2012 database that you can now directly import into RootsMagic using File > Import > Family Tree Maker.