If you see this RootsMagic Software Error, it means your application data file has been a lock to Read-only mode somehow. You will need to read this blog till the end, and you will be able to fix this problem by yourself. This article is only for windows users. For MacBook users, please follow another article.
Steps to Fix RootsMagic Software Error
- First, make sure your RootsMagic software is not running then go to your computer.
- Click on “This PC” if you are using windows 10. Please click on C:/ Drive to open C drive.
- Open windows account/windows user name folder like Ben, Henry, etc your user account.
- Open the program data folder and click organize and select the Folder and search option.
- Click the View tab and change the setting to show all hidden files so it will show the files which aren’t showing by default.
- Now go to the RootsMagic software installation folder delete the file ‘RootsMagicApp.xml’.
- After deleting this .xml, you will need to restart the computer so changes will take place.
If this error persists and you aren’t able to fix RootsMagic software error by yourself. You can either call us or speak to one of the experts. Before you do change anything, you need to make sure of saving your data to an external hard disk. This way, you will not lose your hard work.
You might need to re-enter the registration key or register. If you do not have access to the registration key, please call RootsMagic support number +1-888-652-9580. We will help you in the right direction so you can get your registration key from RootsMagic Inc.