If you are already using RootsMagic 7 or earlier edition or want to start fresh and want to use the latest RootsMagic 8, this article is for you.
Before you download and install the RootsMagic on your Windows or Mac device, you might be curious to find out what is new in RootsMagic 8.
Download RootsMagic 8 General Features:
- Equipped with the latest technologies to help with future functionalities.
- Supported on Windows 7 Service Pack 1+ and later versions including Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11
- Support on macOS
- Runs directly from a flash drive on Windows and Mac
- Support multiple screens to navigate to separate databases
- Opens more than one edit person screen at a time
- Edit screens pop out and stay open while you switch back and forth to the main program to do something else
- You can view immediate family members from a person’s timeline
- Access sources, places, tasks, and media with or without you close the Edit Person screen
- Helps in editing sources, citations, places, tasks, media, addresses, live on the screen
- Creates tasks to track things that you plan to do
- You can track dates, goals, results, priority, and status
- Tasks to source or citation records
- Attach tasks to multiple media, addresses, or repositories
- Filter tasks by any combination of data, people, families, events, places, place details, names, sources, citations, addresses, repositories, media, or folders
RootsMagic 8 Printing and Reports:
- New report and charts
- Fan charts or Time Series charts
- Convert Wall charts to PDF
- Save reports to. DOCX, XLSX, and other formats
- Photos on Pedigree view and Family view
Basic, Advanced, and WebSearch are available
- Search matching records
- Navigate through the Edit in the search results, and return without undoing the search
If you want to try it with limited functionalities you can click here to download it for free. If you need any help or aid, you can contact us for the 24×7 RootsMagic phone support on RootsMagic software.